The target audience is:
- Class I Members (state agency CVSA-certified inspectors)
- Class II Local Members (local agency CVSA-certified inspectors)
Class size is limited to 50 students.
- Class III Associate Members will have a limited number of seats and will be responsible for all expenses. Contact Bill Reese at CVSA to register.
- Class IV Federal Members can attend but will be responsible for all travel and related expenses. Contact Bill Reese at CVSA to register.
The prerequisites for the course are successful completion of the General Hazardous Materials Inspection Course and either the Cargo Tank Inspection Course or the Other Bulk Packagings Inspection Course. Students must have current CVSA certification to complete Level I Inspections.
What to Expect
All training materials will be provided, including hazardous materials and safety regulations, emergency response guidebooks, the CVSA North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria, highlighters and pens. Students will be given a pre-test at the beginning of class and a post-test at the end. The post-test will be an individual effort using only the books provided during the class. To successfully pass the class, the student must pass the post-test. A score of 80 percent is required to pass the post-test and receive a certificate of completion. A student who receives a score of less than 80 percent will receive a certificate of attendance.
CVSA will reimburse Class I Members and Class II Local Members for the following expenses:
- airline luggage fees
- mileage up to the cost of airfare, if attendee drives
- taxi fares to and from the attendee’s residence and their airport
- mileage to and from the attendee’s residence and their airport
- airport parking
- per diem for meals not provided
Rental cars will not be reimbursed.
Lunch will be provided at the training facility on the two training days. CVSA will cover breakfast and dinner.
CVSA follows the federal travel guidelines. On travel days, 3/4 of a full day per diem is reimbursed.
Class III Associate Members and Class IV Federal Members are responsible for all expenses.
CVSA will reimburse jurisdictions after the training class. The reimbursement process will be covered at the training.
New York State Police Academy
1220 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12226
Appropriate dress for the training course is business casual.
The average high temperature in Albany, New York, in May is 71 degrees with an average low temperature of 48 degrees.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at and participation in CVSA meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to CVSA’s use and distribution of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
If you have any questions, contact Director of COHMED Program Bill Reese at 301-830-6148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.