2018-2019 CVSA President Scott Carnegie has retired from the Mississippi Department of Public Safety; therefore, he will be unable to serve the rest of his term as president. Effective immediately, per the recently approved CVSA bylaw amendment regarding executive committee vacancies, the CVSA Board of Directors selected Chief Jay Thompson, of the Arkansas Highway Police, who was serving his three-year term as past president, to assume the role of president for the remainder of the 2018-2019 term.
That means that CVSA’s current leadership for the remainder of the 2018-2019 term is as follows:
- President – Chief Jay Thompson, Arkansas Highway Police
- Vice President – Sgt. John Samis, Delaware State Police
- Secretary – Capt. John Broers, South Dakota Highway Patrol
- Past President – Capt. Christopher Turner, Kansas Highway Patrol
- Past President – Deputy Chief Mark Savage, Colorado State Patrol
- Past President – Francis “Buzzy” France, Administrative Officer, Maryland State Police
- Region and local presidents and vice presidents remain unchanged
CVSA’s normal leadership process remains the same:
- Secretary nominations will take place at the CVSA Workshop in April.
- The secretary election will take place at the CVSA Annual Conference and Exhibition in September.
- In September, CVSA will transition to its 2019-2020 leadership at the CVSA Annual Conference and Exhibition, with Chief Thompson moving back into the role of past president, Sgt. Samis assuming the role of president and Capt. Broers becoming vice president.
The CVSA Annual Conference and Exhibition will take place as scheduled Sept. 22-26 in Biloxi, Mississippi.
If you have any questions about the change in leadership, click here to contact CVSA.