The target audience is:
- Class I Members (state agency CVSA-certified inspectors)
- Class II Local Members (local agency CVSA-certified inspectors)
Students will be from:
- Region III (Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
- Region IV (Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming)
Class size is limited to 50 students. The number of attendees from each jurisdiction may be limited so that each jurisdiction has the opportunity to send its personnel to the training.
The prerequisites for the course are successful completion of the General Hazardous Materials Inspection Course and either the Cargo Tank Inspection Course or the Other Bulk Packagings Inspection Course. Students must have current CVSA certification to complete Level I Inspections.
What to Expect
All training materials will be provided, including hazardous materials and safety regulations, emergency response guidebooks, highlighters and pens. Students will be given a pre-test at the beginning of class and a post-test at the end. The post-test will be an individual effort using only the books provided during the class. A score of 80 percent is required to pass the post-test and receive a certificate of completion. A student who receives a score of less than 80 percent will receive a certificate of attendance.
CVSA will reimburse Class I Members and Class II Local Members for the following expenses:
- mileage up to the cost of airfare if attendee drives
- taxi fares between attendee’s residence and their airport
- mileage to and from the attendee’s residence and their airport
- airport parking
- per diem for meals not provided
Rental cars will not be reimbursed.
Lunch will be provided at the Colorado State Patrol Training Academy on the two training days. CVSA will cover breakfast and dinner.
CVSA follows the federal travel guidelines. On travel days, 3/4 of a full day per diem is reimbursed.
CVSA will reimburse the jurisdictions after the training class. The reimbursement process will be outlined at the training.
Colorado State Patrol Training Academy
15055 South Golden Road
Golden, Colorado 80401
If you have any questions, contact Director of COHMED Program Bill Reese at 301-830-6148 or email@example.com.