CVSA offers a number of resources to help educate drivers, mechanics and others on the importance of proper brake inspection, maintenance and operation.
- Self Adjusting Brake Adjusters Postcard – Check out this postcard for drivers with tips on how to ensure self-adjusting brake adjusters are being properly diagnosed and serviced.
- How to Diagnose an Out-of-Adjustment Self-Adjusting Brake – Mechanics and technicians can download this document on diagnosing an out-of-adjustment self-adjusting brake.
- PBBT Brochure – Download this brochure on the safety, saving and performance benefits of performance-based brake testing (PBBT).
- FMCSA Brake Regulations 101 – CVSA assembled this 42-page document to include Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for vehicle inspection, repair and maintenance.
- Brake Inspection Check List – Download this check list of where to look and what to inspect during a brake inspection.
- Push Rod Travel Measurement Tracking Chart – Mechanics and drivers can download this document for use and reference during maintenance inspections.