CVSA offers information and tools for inspectors, commercial motor vehicle drivers, mechanics and vehicle maintenance personnel, transportation professionals, motor carriers and the general public.
- Map of Jurisdictions that Require Buses Enter Weigh Stations – Download this helpful map which identifies the U.S. and Canadian jurisdictions that do or do not require motorcoaches/buses to enter permanent weight station locations when in operation.
- North American Bus Weigh Station Survey Chart – We asked jurisdictions throughout North America if their state/province/territory requires buses to enter weigh stations and compiled the results into a reference chart.
- FMCSA Bus/Passenger Carrier Safety Information for Carriers – This FMCSA webpage provides informational resources and educational and technical assistance to the passenger carrier industry to foster an understanding of applicable regulations and requirements.
- ABA Bus Industry Safety Council – The mission of the ABA Bus Industry Safety Council is to continually raise the level of safety in the intercity bus and motorcoach industry through collaborative efforts of professionals in a workshop and educational environment.
- United Motorcoach Association – The purpose of the United Motorcoach Association is to protect and promote the interests and welfare of privately owned common carriers of passengers by motorcoach.
- SaferBus Mobile App – The SaferBus mobile app provides easy access to bus company safety information.
- U.S. DOT Motorcoach Safety Action Plan – View the latest Motorcoach Safety Action Plan (2012).
- Seat Belt Rules – NHTSA Motorcoach Occupant Crash Protection – View NHTSA’s rules related to seat belts.