CVSA, under a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of Energy, offers Level VI certification classes on the topic of inspecting motor carriers and their drivers, while transporting both transuranic waste and highway route controlled quantities (HRCQ) shipments of radioactive material. This Level VI training is offered to jurisdictional inspectors who meet the prerequisite of having obtained CVSA Level I and hazmat certification.
Level VI Basic Certification Classes
- May 14-17, 2018 – Jefferson City, Missouri
- June 18-21, 2018 – Springfield, Illinois
- July 23-26, 2018 – Forsyth, Georgia
- Oct. 15-18, 2018 – Austin, Texas
- Nov. 5-8, 2018 – Sacramento, California
Level VI Refresher Training Classes
- Jan. 29, 2018 – Garden Grove, California – Eight-hour Level VI Refresher Training at the COHMED Conference. Standards outlined in CVSA Operational Policy 4 for maintaining inspector certification are met by attending this class. Required: Contact Director of the Level VI Inspection Program Carlisle Smith to register.
- Feb. 27-March 1, 2018 – San Antonio, Texas – Train the Trainer Course. Click here to learn more about the course and to register.