CVSA, under a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of Energy, offers Level VI certification classes on the topic of inspecting motor carriers and their drivers, while transporting both transuranic waste and highway route controlled quantities (HRCQ) shipments of radioactive material. This Level VI training is offered to jurisdictional inspectors who meet the prerequisite of having obtained CVSA Level I and hazmat certification.
Level VI Basic Certification Classes
- Oct. 16-19, 2017 – Austin, Texas
- Oct. 30-Nov. 2, 2017 – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- June 18-21, 2018 – Springfield, Illinois
- Nov. 5-8, 2018 – Sacramento, California
Level VI Refresher Training Classes
- Jan. 29, 2018 – Garden Grove, California – Eight-hour Level VI Refresher Training at the COHMED Conference. Standards outlined in CVSA Operational Policy 4 for maintaining inspector certification are met by attending this class. Required: Contact Level VI Inspection Program Director Carlisle Smith the register.
- Feb. 27-March 1, 2018 – San Antonio, Texas – Train the Trainer Class (Registration opens in November 2017)