CVSA maintains an online Register containing entries for all submissions of Issue/Requests for Action.
All Issue/Requests for Action are assigned a registration number when received. The registration number consists of five numeric digits and a three- or four-letter committee identifier; for example, 15-007-SWC.
The structure and meaning of the registration number is as follows:
- 15 – Calendar year in which Issue/Request for Action form was received. So “15” would refer to the year 2015.
- 007 – Three-digit consecutive number of each Issue/Request for Action registered for the given calendar year. So “007” means that this was the seventh Issue Request for Action submitted in that year.
- SWC – The three- or four-letter abbreviation for the committee to which the Issue/Request for Action was referred. “SWC” means that the submission was assigned to the Size and Weight Committee. In the case of multiple committees, only the lead committee will be shown on the registration number.
The various CVSA committees are abbreviated as follows:
- BOD – Board of Directors (New September 2016)
- COHMED – Cooperative Hazardous Materials Enforcement Development
- DRV – Driver-Traffic Enforcement Committee
- EIM – Enforcement and Industry Modernization Committee (New September 2016)
- HAZ – Hazardous Materials Committee
- IDEA – International Driver Excellence Award
- INFO – Information Systems Committee
- IRC – International Roadcheck
- NAIC – North American Inspectors Championship
- OAB – Operation Airbrake
- OSD – Operation Safe Driver
- PCC – Passenger Carrier Committee
- PRA – Policy and Regulatory Affairs Committee (New September 2016)
- RAM – North American Standard Level VI Inspection Program
- SWC – Size and Weight Committee
- TRN – Training Committee
- VEH – Vehicle Committee
Registration numbers will run from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 of the current year. The date received as recorded on the register will be the date assigned. An Issue/Request for Action received the latter part of December of a current year will be assigned a number in the calendar year in which it was received, even though the discussions/actions by the appropriate committee(s) may not commence until the new year.